Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Pages


The Who's who Zoo

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Heading to the final stretch

So, yesterday we hit 24 weeks. It passed by like another day, no fan fair, no big meal, just mommy and daddy lying in bed looking at old photos of how we looked as kids. The wife looked goofy, and I looked like the troll under the bridge. I still think I was cute, but she thinks I was the one that scared little kids. She may not be completed wrong.

So, as the weeks pass by and time seems to be running away from us, I wonder what we still need to do. The past weekend we did up the baby's room. Its almost complete, and that elusive bedroom mat is on its way. Lucky for me, this poor man has a wife who knows about finances, otherwise our kid would have a drawer for a cot. And so, with just 16 weeks still to go (give or take), it seems that the only things left are the general items parents all need to get, nappies, creams, towels, baby powder and well....everything else.

I look forward to weeks 25, 26, 27 etc, and I tell you, as they pass by we start to realise that those "only the 2 of us" days are slipping by, and you know what, we cant wait. I hope that with my little man in my arms, whatever reassurances I need, will come to life when I have him close and kiss his little face.

Question: Would you say its better to use your arm to determine the temperature of hot water, or use an actual thermometer?

No comments:

Post a Comment