Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Pages


The Who's who Zoo

Monday, June 7, 2010

A step closer

Twenty two weeks now. When they say time flies, they really mean it. I can still remember when I found out that my wife was pregnant. You know the mixture of emotions you feel, so hard to describe, but so hard to forget. I had my first taste of fatherhood over the weekend, with friends of ours coming over with their little one. Lets just say at the end of the evening, I didnt want to give her back. I also got to change her diaper, oh my gosh, it was smelly. I almost went squint from the smell. Ok, perhaps it wasnt that bad, but Im sure you all get the message.

So, the wife is starting to "feel" the little one move, but she refers to the sensation as "Being pushed". Her bump is quite clear now, and soon I think she will struggle to settle into her old clothes. That means that I am going to be heading off to the shops with her soon to buy more maternity wear. Yay for me.

The soccer world cup is here in a few days, and it would have been wonderful to share this momentous occassion with my boy. I suppose I will have to make mommy watch and I get to commentate to the bump.

So, what else is next for us? Our very big scan takes place this Thursday (10 June), and I know I should be more nervous, but for some reason, nothing matters except my wife and baby. Sure I want him to be healthy, and I pray to GOD that he will be, but he is my boy, no matter what. I will accept any challenge that GOD gives me, because I know there is a plan. I still want, like any parent, that my son will be healthy and fighting fit when he comes out. I am ready for him, to play with him, to teach him, and for him to teach me.

To my lovely wife, you are strong and magnificent. This child is so blessed to have you as his mommy. He is going to have the sexiest mom around. Of course, it doesnt hurt that his daddy is FINE too.

So, I will post information on the blog after the scan, and hopefully it will all be good news.

Here is a question: Is sympathy pregnancy a reality for men?

Until Later
J

No comments:

Post a Comment